Degree and PhD in Veterinary Medicine (Food Hygiene and Technology), Veterinary School, Complutense University of Madrid.
As a civil servant, he has held various technical positions in the following areas:
- Evaluation and registration of veterinary medicines and representative of Spain in the Veterinary Medicines Committee of the European Medicines Agency.
- Evaluation and monitoring of the National Research Plan for residues in live animals and fresh meat (agriculture).
- Development of programs for the surveillance and control of zoonotic agents in primary production.
- Head of the Feed Hygiene Service. Responsible for the development of a research program for microbiological contamination of feedingstuffs. Implementation of feed hygiene regulations.
- Responsible for the development of the Spanish Royal Decree on Medicated Feedingstuffs. (MAPA).
- Member of the Standing Committee on the Food Chain and Animal Health. Section Animal nutrition.
- Head of the Environmental Impact of Livestock production Area.
- Spanish delegate in the EC working group on hormones.
- Spanish delegate in the Codex Alimentarius committee on residues of Veterinary Medicines in food.
27 scientific articles in the fields of Microbiology, Food Hygiene, Biotechnology, Animal Health and Environment.
He is member of SOCIVESC (Veterinarian Scientific Society on Community Public Health)